www.incontinentsupport.org

Support for dealing with incontinence
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 12:29 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 67 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
PostPosted: Sun Sep 13, 2015 11:19 am 

Acceptance? I am still working on managing the day to day, maybe one day I will get that down and move on to working on acceptance. That'll be sometime after I mention it to my Primary Care Doctor again and ask for a prescription for diapers so the VA will cover some of the costs..... and the thought of that scares the hell out of me.

Marcus Aurelius

PostPosted: Sun Sep 13, 2015 2:47 pm 

After 10 months or so of having to wear 24/7 I would sy it was around month 3 before i started to really accept having to wear diapers. Now I have fully accepted being in diapers 2/7. I had my first leak while in public it was a small to medium leak enough to feel wet and see the wet marks down my left leg.

We carried on with lunch and I changed when we finished, leaks happen and it did not faze me one bit leaks are always a possibility so I guess I am now 100% ok with being in diapers and dealing with what happens.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 13, 2015 3:54 pm 

Rob, that sounds humiliating!! Yikes, I am sorry and hope it wasn't too bad for you.

Marcus Aurelius

PostPosted: Sun Sep 13, 2015 4:14 pm 

Hi Mike

No one really would have noticed as I was wearing dark pants and they dried quickly, unfortunately leaks will happen from time to time I am just glad it was not bad and no one noticed.

One leak after 8.5 months of wearing full taped diapers is not bad. :)

No worries

PostPosted: Sun Sep 13, 2015 5:04 pm 

Rob:
I had a minor leak when i was trying Molicare super pluses.
Molicares are pretty good- and not too expensive relatively. But their quality tends to be lacking
The purple are sometimes a little fun to wear though- beats just plain white. idk

Anyways- I am still working on totally accepting my incontinence. But in the beginning it was hard
i started my job, things were going great- then wham, crash- and things started hurting and not going right...
I had many bouts of depression, anxiety, ptsd and such- which only served to exacerbate all my other symptoms
especially leaking. But after leaking a couple of times in the office and in public- I felt i needed to bite the bullet
and get some diapers. I was also dealing with a lot of frequent urges- rushes to the toilet during less than preferable times....
and also had a tiny dribbling mishap on the metro.... tied a loose jacket around my waist to hide it until i got home that day

But I definitely find diapers to be very helpful, and comforting. It is much more convenient to be able to urinate when the urge hits,
not worry so much about getting to restrooms, plotting exits, etc- And I guess the whole incontinence thing im dealing with now
is like a godsend to the pain I have had in my pelvis, penis and groin area as well as other pains & symptoms. Also, although my ptsd and panic attacks, etc have been largely diminshed and controlled I still get them occasionally (actually had kinda major one past few days). The other thing I have learned
to appreciate about the diapers is that when my panic attacks and sudden bouts of anxiety and replays happen, I am able to get into my
safe comfort zone without having to run back and forth to the restroom or having anxieties about leaks. I think this kinda helps me regain my focus and return to the present

But Idk- it is a bit difficult to accept at times.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 13, 2015 8:21 pm 

My wife still hasn't accepted my IC, but I have become resigned to it. She is always pushing me to go back to the doctor for more tests or whatever, even though she is having issues herself. For me, it's been a number of years since this began - maybe 7 or more years.

I have had major floods at home as well as some very public places. The minor ones are easy to deal with. Usually I am carrying something I can place in front of me and that helps.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 13, 2015 10:02 pm 

WetDad wrote:
My wife still hasn't accepted my IC, but I have become resigned to it. She is always pushing me to go back to the doctor for more tests or whatever, even though she is having issues herself. For me, it's been a number of years since this began - maybe 7 or more years.

I have had major floods at home as well as some very public places. The minor ones are easy to deal with. Usually I am carrying something I can place in front of me and that helps.

Hope things get better with your wife in that regard.

Marcus Aurelius

PostPosted: Tue Sep 15, 2015 8:59 pm 

After i've had so many doctors painfully shove stuff into my peehole with not much result, I kinda began to accept the incontinence and condition.
I still can't bring myself to tell my family, coworkers or friends though

PostPosted: Wed Sep 16, 2015 6:09 am 

kdlstar wrote:
After i've had so many doctors painfully shove stuff into my peehole with not much result, I kinda began to accept the incontinence and condition.
I still can't bring myself to tell my family, coworkers or friends though

Telling your family (the ones you see all the time) really takes the pressed off that you need diapers you don't have to worry they will find out at the wrong time.

Telling my family has really helped me to deal with having to wear 24/7. I haven't told any one else yet but eventually I will have to but will once the time is right.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 16, 2015 10:49 pm 

Rob, the thought of having to tell ANYONE still scares the crap out of me,..... tell me it gets easier?

Marcus Aurelius

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 67 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next