www.incontinentsupport.org

Support for dealing with incontinence
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 10:44 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 33 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 27, 2009 8:40 am 

d1git,

Maybe I've missed something here, but when your in a public place like standing in line at the store, how does anyone know your wearing a diaper? If its because you have a package of diapers in your cart, then I would recommend you that you start buying your diapers on the Internet. You can gets some GREAT deals if you make your purchase on the Internet besides, I think you will find several brands that offer much better quality compared to most brands found in any store at a much better price. :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 27, 2009 8:50 am 

johnstone wrote:
Maybe I've missed something here, but when your in a public place like standing in line at the store, how does anyone know your wearing a diaper? If its because you have a package of diapers in your cart, then I would recommend you that you start buying your diapers on the Internet.

It had to have been the bag, yes, and probably because whatever I was wearing showed I was diapered.

johnstone wrote:
You can gets some GREAT deals if you make your purchase on the Internet besides, I think you will find several brands that offer much better quality compared to most brands found in any store at a much better price. :D

I can go down to Walgreens and buy a bag of 20 for $10 on sale, and since I'm changing every two hours when I'm out of the house to control rashes, it seems to be saving me a considerable amount of money over wearing abenas. But I do miss how I felt less wet in the abenas...

Do you have any suggestions for not-so-expensive daytime diapers that I could buy online? Maybe through an internet retailer who will do autoshipping?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 27, 2009 9:45 am 

d1git,

Your changing every 2 hours? Wow! Sandy says she has found some really GREAT deals on eBay.

Everyone is different I guess when it comes to how often they change and what works best for skin care. In the day, I change every 6 hours, and sometimes will go longer when away from home when I'm wearing an extended wear diaper. However, I don't have a flood, its more like a leaky faucet but I use A&D cream after I shower in the morning and again at night before bed. I'm bladder and bowel incontinent so I do get rashes, but having good skin care does a lot to prevent any skin problems.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 27, 2009 11:51 am 

johnstone wrote:
Your changing every 2 hours? Wow!

I didn't realize that was overkill... :oops:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 27, 2009 12:32 pm 

D1GT, it's not overkill if you have sensitive skin. I can't abide with wet diaper wear, when i know im wet, i change ASAP. Sure it means i use a lot of diapers sometimes, but the way i see it, your skin health and comfort trumps the amount of money you spend. I mean the whole idea behind wearing diapers is to be comfortalbe when your wet right? if in order to be comfortable and rash free you need to change ever 2 hours, then so be it. It all comes down to personal prefrence.

"THERE ARE FOUR LIGHTS!" - Captain Picard from Chain of Command, Part II

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 27, 2009 12:56 pm 

I guess I'm lucky on the skin issue. I can't imagine having to change every 2 hours. There are some days when I put on a extra thick diaper with a stuffer and can go 12 hours between changes.

Personally... if your skin is that sensitive I'd try some powders or creams... or ask your doctor for his advice.

Also, and I can't stress this enough, DRINK MORE WATER. I know it seems counter-intuitive, but drinking more water will help dilute your urine and it won't bother your skin nearly as much. Urine is largely water, it is the salts and other wastes in it that irritate your skin. Your pee should be clear or very light yellow in color, the more yellow it is the more dehydrated you are... and the more it will irritate your skin.

Proper hydration is essential to maintaining good all-around health. I keep a water bottle by my desk at work and am almost always drinking. Many incontinent individuals are chronicly dehydrated because we all know what what goes in must come out. Remember folks... dehydration can lead to fatigue, headaches, constipation, and even kidney stones. So keep drinking that water... even if you don't want to.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 27, 2009 2:01 pm 

very important puddleguy..id be remiss if i didn't point out that inadequate fluid intake can lead to constipation, which indirectly can cause impaction and fecal incontiennce. So, you have to consider which is worse..wetting yourself a bit more and changing more often..or crapping yourself sometimes and having to end up with a messy clean up not to mention when your constipated your staying longer in the bathroom, and the whole idea with us incontinent folk is to wear protection so we DON'T spend all day in a bathroom.

"THERE ARE FOUR LIGHTS!" - Captain Picard from Chain of Command, Part II

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 27, 2009 4:45 pm 

PuddleGuy wrote:
Also, and I can't stress this enough, DRINK MORE WATER. I know it seems counter-intuitive, but drinking more water will help dilute your urine and it won't bother your skin nearly as much. Urine is largely water, it is the salts and other wastes in it that irritate your skin. Your pee should be clear or very light yellow in color, the more yellow it is the more dehydrated you are... and the more it will irritate your skin.

Actually that what my doctor has recommended to me. I do use cornstarch powder and that helps, but I have sensitive skin through my entire body (sunblock and many scented lotions anger the skin gods). I suppose I could try stuffers of some sort.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 29, 2009 10:55 am 

Have you tried the J&J medicated cornstarch baby powder. I swear by that stuff :D ..........................Sandy :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 31, 2009 11:38 am 

I've used the J&J medicated corn starch as well as Goldbond medicated powder and they both work well.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 33 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next