www.incontinentsupport.org

Support for dealing with incontinence
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 6:26 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Tue Sep 27, 2016 6:26 am 

:?
I'm familiar with urinary incontinence. I've learned to deal with it. Most of the time it is just slight with occasional accidents. It doesn't bother me too much.

But I've just realized I am fecal incontinent and it really bothers me.

I'm not sure which aspect bothers me the most. It's messy. It smells (much more than urine). It is uncomfortable. It is embarrassing, humbling. All those bother me but what bothers me more is probably not knowing why this is happening. I haven't spoke with the doctor about it yet. I'll get into how this developed in another forum.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 27, 2016 9:43 am 

Find a competent doctor, probably a gastroenterologist, and brace yourself for some invasive, embarrassing exams. Meanwhile, begin using Nullo or some other internal deodorant. Keep a meticulous record of what you eat, and its influence on your bowel control. If bladder control difficulty is stigmatized, bowel control difficulty is that, cubed. Wear heavy protection at all times, and keep a well-stocked gym/diaper bag handy every time you leave your home. Good luck and keep us informed.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 27, 2016 12:29 pm 

Seconded. They even have a test similar to a urodynamics test, but with a balloon that inflates up big. At least it doesn't hurt any more than a urodynamics test does, but it is way more embarrassing.

Until then, nullo and change more often.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 14, 2017 6:32 am 

Trust me as I'm double incontinent - fecal incontinence is a real nightmare. I mean, I despise both urinary and fecal incontinence, but urinary doesn't bother me as much, probably because I have already grew used to it and truth be spoken I managed how to handle it. I said multiple times here, that I've turned my attitude by 180 degrees compared to the past, but even though I gained more confidence and self-resolve I still find fecal incontinence being really bothersome. At least, it's not nearly as out of control as urinary incontinence, but I still have really hard time handling those issues, but what can I do. You have to adapt to how to live with it.