www.incontinentsupport.org

Support for dealing with incontinence
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 4:05 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Mon Feb 15, 2016 2:05 am 

Truth is there were a lot of ups and down throughout my life, but I have been blessed all the same. I could complain about the cost, the extra stuff I need, the smell of pee in the morning, the embarrassing moments wile travailing with my 5 siblings, the embarrassing moments at the doctors, the accidents like today when I wet my pants because my electric door lock was acting stupid, or any other thing related to my last 16 year dealing with bed wetting. But the truth is that I am alive, I don't have any issues that are life threatening and I am able to function in society, so I would say that the most effect or change it has had on my life would be my own self awareness. I know almost ever rest stop and truck stop with clean bathrooms from Orlando Florida to Pennsylvania ( not because of needing somewhere to change but from having to go often), I also am hard to embarrass, I enjoy life, and lastly I know that if it ever come to having to were 24/7 then I will be ok with it..

Develop from the negatives
Take another shot!

PostPosted: Mon Feb 15, 2016 7:30 am 

ThatFLGuy,

It is obvious that you always will be a survivor. You have a great mental attitude. Congratulations on handling your situation so well.

--John

PostPosted: Mon Feb 15, 2016 7:15 pm 

Add my kudos to JD's. Our mental attitude, whatever it is, good, bad, or indifferent, has a profound influence on how we manage our incontinence.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 15, 2016 8:03 pm 
Admin

That is how I kinda look at it all... it COULD be so much worse... sure it is NOT fun dealing with plumbing that won't/can't/refuses to co-operate, but it is livable, without being all that much of an inconvenience. You have a great outlook, that is a HUGE step, and makes it easier the rest of the way! Stay positive, and I know, that isn't easy! :-) Puffy

PostPosted: Thu Oct 05, 2017 10:17 am 

Hello! This is the kind of attitude that I was fighting for so long to achieve. Of course, it could have been a lot of better and we need to appreciate and embrace what we have. I had a lot of ups and downs, mostly when I was young I had terrible depressions, but I got over it. I set some goals for my life and I pursued them and now after I know what I want to do with my life, it's all became so easier and better. I managed to develop the same kind of attitude, that you have and I'm proud of it. Because after all, incontinence is not the end of the world - you can still do a lot of things and live just how you want. Life is harsh, true, but you need man up and go for your dreams with your own hands. Especially after reading various stories of people who have it much worse I realized that, I'm not that unlucky and cursed like I thought I am.