www.incontinentsupport.org

Support for dealing with incontinence
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 2:04 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Sun Aug 30, 2015 9:05 am 

Wetters,

Thanks for your advice. Yes, I am using all of your advice, because it was also the advice of my doctors and several nutritionists. My problem is that I am unable to consume enough high-calorie foods to make a difference. I am losing weight, but slowly. I have only lost five pounds in the past year; I would like to hold my weight where it is now, if possible.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 30, 2015 12:53 pm 

Patrick, I'm sorry about your "losing" battle (Sorry for the pun, too, but I can't stay away from them). I'm thinking a pint of Hagen Daz or other high-sugar and milkfat ice cream (I'm serious) a few days a week. Are you doing milkshakes now? You're likely concerned about consuming too much sugar, but I think in your case, the calories would help you. I have a colonoscopy every year because of my long-term Ulcerative Colitis and the fact that I had surgery in 2007 to remove a rectal adenoma. I do a 2-day prep, including clear fruit juice and non-diet soft drinks as "meals". I have Type II diabetes, and I'm ordered to consume the high-sugar drinks on a temporary basis for the calories.

Wetters

PostPosted: Sun Aug 30, 2015 4:44 pm 

Wetters,

If you have UC, and are recovering from rectal surgery, your medical plate is as full as mine. You have hit all the right buttons. Milkshakes, protein beverages, anything with calories, and, hopefully, some nutrition, are recommended. You should see the food my family try to force upon me. My problem is that the GP diet is low fiber, or no fiber. This gives me a colon blockage; diarrhea leaks around the blockage, so I soil myself. Slick magazines frequently have articles describing the Greek diet or some other high-fiber diet. These are wonderful for folks whose GI systems work properly. Mine does not. The Greek diet would hospitalize me. I manage with a high calorie, low fiber diet, and lots of medications, such as erythromycin, stool softeners, laxatives, colon massage, and, in emergencies, enemas. Thanks for asking.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 06, 2015 11:06 pm 

Patrick,

I too use writing to cope with 'everything' I am dealing with!! Keep up the good work and maybe we can be the next Stephen King or JK Rawlings!! Hey, you don't have to like there work but you gotta drool after their money! LOL :P

Marcus Aurelius

PostPosted: Thu Aug 11, 2016 8:48 am 

Luckily my work is indoors, mostly, and going to toilet is not so difficult. But when I worked as a guard I had to stay in booths with no facilities for hours on end. Diaper, meds and purposeful dehydration were the answer for that... Very unpleasant.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 11, 2016 7:23 pm 

I'm lucky that way too. In my office or home I'm never more than a 20 second walk from a bathroom. My only leaks have been at home or just getting home and usually due to me trying to finish something real quick before going to the bathroom. I now wear tena mens pads while commuting just in case.

I'll take it as it comes. If I end up leaking more then I'll move up in protection as warranted. If it ever comes to 24/7 diapers rather than just at night then I'll cross that bridge if/when I come to it. Even then, a diaper is less embarrassing g than wet pants in a business meeting!

PostPosted: Sat Aug 13, 2016 12:33 pm 

Überaktive wrote:
Luckily my work is indoors, mostly, and going to toilet is not so difficult. But when I worked as a guard I had to stay in booths with no facilities for hours on end. Diaper, meds and purposeful dehydration were the answer for that... Very unpleasant.

My solution too, the dehydration.... but long term this is very bad for your body... Glad you've gotten away from this.

Marcus Aurelius

PostPosted: Mon Mar 23, 2020 6:00 pm 

My only pro tip is to change before the diaper is soaked, if possible. I don't mind changing at work and trying to make it with one diaper isn't something I would like.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 25, 2020 7:44 pm 

Jenn wrote:
My only pro tip is to change before the diaper is soaked, if possible. I don't mind changing at work and trying to make it with one diaper isn't something I would like.

What is your pro tip to change at work? How can I do it discreetly?