www.incontinentsupport.org

Support for dealing with incontinence
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 3:27 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Fri Oct 02, 2009 12:17 pm 

I know we all have stories about how we delt with our diaper "challenge" well here is mine.
When my parents finally started let me wear diapers for my bed wetting life was a matter of putting diapers on at night takeing wet diapers off in the morning,washing them out and hanging them up in the bathtub. That was life for me.. no big problems there.
when I got married my wife knew i was a wetter, I am sure I took a little getting used to, marriying a guy in diapers was a bit odd.
My wife was from the country, I was a city boy, Life in the country was cheaper so we rented our first $25.00 a month house, I soon found out the house had no bathroom or running water. The place was heated a wood burning stove,if you call that heat.
The first winter I learned the meaning of "wet and cold", this was like a deep freeze. When I said we had no plumbing I ment none, not a pipe in the house. Water came from a well,and was drawn by hand.
I always washed my own diapers I didn't expect my wife to do that job. Our washer a maytag wringer was on the back porch.. We carried water from the well by hand and emptied the washer in the yard.. No dryer just a cloths line
When my son was born I washed his diapers and mine. in the summer the clothsline was allright diapers dried in the sunlight smell good,but in the winter you found a new meaning to the term freeze drying.
there is nothing like taking a poop in an outhouse in Janurary with the wind blowing up between your legs, there are parts of my body I don't want frozen. Try it sometime.
The word heat was more a suggestion than a fact, you could fill that stove up at bed time it was out by two the rest of the night no heat.
I would get up in the morning get a fire going before my son woke up and changed both our wet diapers. there were two of us in diapers standing by the stove trying to warm up every morning. That must have been some sight.
This went on for a while till we finally got a modern house. We still have a woodstove but this one actually heats the house And the well is still there but now with an electric pump. My son still remembers those days he knows I wear diapers,he stopped wetting in his early teens. Yes we rember the "good old days" they were only good to those who wern't there.
I know we all have stories we might like to share.

Post subject: Diaper challenge
PostPosted: Tue Oct 06, 2009 2:53 pm 

I don't know that i can answer this question but since i am still going through and getting used to needing protection, i can voice my opinion and experiences. Since being diagnosed with ms my incontinence got worse and the need for better protection came along with that. It really didnt hit me until i returned to work after being out ill for 6 weeks. It was then that i had to pack a "diaper bag" everywhere i went. Beforehand i didnt really go anywhere and if i did i left my bag in the car. Being back at work and going about a "normal" life was a harsh dose of reality. Then the paranoia has set in and now its completel shock, anger and depression. Its changed my life in so many way its hard to detail. For the most part its damaged my self esteem. Its wearing a constant reminder of this disease i have.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 14, 2015 9:35 pm 

I have been dependent on nappies now for nearly 2 years and to be honest once I accepted I was incontinent and the fact I either visibly wet my self or wore a nappy it wasn't such a big deal. Now it is nothing more than a minor hindrance. I fully accept I will be in nappies for the rest of my life and just get on with it.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 14, 2015 9:38 pm 

incon47 wrote:
I know we all have stories about how we delt with our diaper "challenge" well here is mine.
When my parents finally started let me wear diapers for my bed wetting life was a matter of putting diapers on at night takeing wet diapers off in the morning,washing them out and hanging them up in the bathtub. That was life for me.. no big problems there.
when I got married my wife knew i was a wetter, I am sure I took a little getting used to, marriying a guy in diapers was a bit odd.
My wife was from the country, I was a city boy, Life in the country was cheaper so we rented our first $25.00 a month house, I soon found out the house had no bathroom or running water. The place was heated a wood burning stove,if you call that heat.
The first winter I learned the meaning of "wet and cold", this was like a deep freeze. When I said we had no plumbing I ment none, not a pipe in the house. Water came from a well,and was drawn by hand.
I always washed my own diapers I didn't expect my wife to do that job. Our washer a maytag wringer was on the back porch.. We carried water from the well by hand and emptied the washer in the yard.. No dryer just a cloths line
When my son was born I washed his diapers and mine. in the summer the clothsline was allright diapers dried in the sunlight smell good,but in the winter you found a new meaning to the term freeze drying.
there is nothing like taking a poop in an outhouse in Janurary with the wind blowing up between your legs, there are parts of my body I don't want frozen. Try it sometime.
The word heat was more a suggestion than a fact, you could fill that stove up at bed time it was out by two the rest of the night no heat.
I would get up in the morning get a fire going before my son woke up and changed both our wet diapers. there were two of us in diapers standing by the stove trying to warm up every morning. That must have been some sight.
This went on for a while till we finally got a modern house. We still have a woodstove but this one actually heats the house And the well is still there but now with an electric pump. My son still remembers those days he knows I wear diapers,he stopped wetting in his early teens. Yes we rember the "good old days" they were only good to those who wern't there.
I know we all have stories we might like to share.

I know some of what you describe. We only had electricity downstairs and no bathroom. A bath was a once a week afair in a tin tub in front of the fire and we went to bed with either a candle or a stable lamp. Whats more as a child I was a nightly bedwetter so it must have been no fun for my mother but back then people just got on with it as there was no point in complaining.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 14, 2015 11:57 pm 

This is an interesting old post you've resurrected.

My inlaws live in the country. 40 acres, mostly swamp. My father in law built their house before my wife was born, and has since built two additions. The new master bedroom in the back gas a gas fireplace powered by LP, but the rest of the house is heated by a big cast iron stove in the living room.

My father in law spends half the summer hauling scrap face boards from the Amish saw mill, cutting, and stacking it. He also spend most of the year sleeping on living room floor, so that when it gets cold at night he can wake up and add more wood to the fire.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 12, 2015 1:12 pm 

Now that is roughing it guys! I only did that the winter we bivouacked in Fort Dix, NJ while training for desert warfare. Good news, desert cammies breath well and let air circulate to keep you cooler. Bad news, it was the fricking winter in the snow!!!

And yes, we had the outhouse experience..... You had to go everywhere in full battle rattle: load bearing suspenders, web belt, boots, weapon and helmet. Sometimes, in the rush, you would see soldiers running to the latrines wearing JUST that. We saw some guys pretty whacky choice for boxer shorts... Hilarious, until it was your turn to make that run at night. Let me tell you, coffee became a blessing and a curse. :lol: 8)

Wow, I hope that wasn't too far off topic. My recent diaper experience is too new for any real insight and I am too much of a city boy to relate to that on a daily basis.

Marcus Aurelius

PostPosted: Sun Sep 13, 2015 12:31 pm 

oh man porkchop - it sounds like you have had a hell of an experience.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 13, 2015 1:57 pm 

kdlstar wrote:
oh man porkchop - it sounds like you have had a hell of an experience.

Thanks! :lol: I try to remember the funny, positive bits of my time in the Army.

Marcus Aurelius