www.incontinentsupport.org

Support for dealing with incontinence
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 9:26 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Wed Nov 26, 2014 5:23 am 

When I am at home I normally cover up the fact that I wear diapers. Yesterday was such an awful day with the weather (cold, grey, damp, rain and fog). I plucked up the courage and decided to spend the day at home in nothing but my normal t-shirt, diaper and plymsolls. I have never felt so liberated and free it was an amazing feeling so hard to describe. Just to see if yesterday was a flook I have done the same today and feel just the same. For those of you who have been wearing diapers for a lot longer than me is this another major milestone or not?

I hope this does not sound too weird however I had to share this.

Greenbank

PostPosted: Wed Nov 26, 2014 7:43 am 

Greenback, Maybe you just felt more comfortable without extra layers of clothes, also it was easier to change your diapers. Comfort can not be underestimated. Papa

PostPosted: Wed Nov 26, 2014 2:23 pm 

I'm with the group of folks here that say "we do what we have to do to survive" it sounds like your taking it one step further and want to not only survive, but to also flourish!!! Hahaha.......if that is what makes you happy, my friend, then it isn't weird at all. I always like to have something on over my diaper....my favorite sweatpants or gym shorts when I'm home and the weather is warmer. I usually wear jeans out of the house as I still don't feel too comfortable wearing my sweatpants out of the house. I feel too "frumpy"

PostPosted: Wed Nov 26, 2014 5:52 pm 

I too can relate to this. When I first had to wear I had to be covered up all the time even if I was alone. With more time I I got to where I looked forward to my alone time because I did not need to hide and I could just let my guard down.
Now if I am not alone, I still prefer to be covered but mainly because I think it would be in poor taste but if I am alone and its not too cold, I will wear just the tee shirt and just be comfotable.
So to answer your question, I think it is a step towards acceptance. Good for you.

Rope

PostPosted: Fri Dec 05, 2014 4:23 pm 

Rope/others, I find I have gotten the same way too. Besides being more comfortable it is also liberating. I also find an emotional - not sure what to call it - rush. Any others feel anything? Papa

PostPosted: Fri Feb 06, 2015 5:28 pm 

Amen to all of the above! My wife does not approve, but in warm weather, at home I would wear nothing but T-shirt, diaper, and plastic pants. :D I enjoy both the comfort and the rare convenience of a quick and easy diaper change.

--John

PostPosted: Mon Feb 16, 2015 10:19 am 

I guess I ought to try this sometime, and, although I've needed to wear protection for many years, I always have worn pants, shorts, or at least a bathrobe, over my protection. I guess I've had so many medical exams and surgical procedures on my bladder that wearing such minimal protection reminds me of those many times when circumstances forced me to accept assistance. Embarrassment aside, maintaining my bathroom independence is a high priority for me.