www.incontinentsupport.org

Support for dealing with incontinence
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 6:21 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 163 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15 ... 17  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 22, 2011 9:49 am 

I guess I thought I'd posted this before, but maybe not since I don't see it anywhere.

My frequent leaking problem started after my 2nd or 3rd belly hernia repair out of the 7 I've had over the years. I guess it was pretty much my insides telling me you can't keep having us repositioned and pushed around and not expect problems. I think if they would have used mesh in the 1st or 2nd time there would not have been additional repairs over the years, but the end result is I don't really know I'm wetting myself usually until I'm a day late and a dollar short. Add to that a motorcycle accident several years ago where I shattered my leg and spent 3+ months in a full leg cast that eventually blew out the valves in my leg to the point I need to take furosemide to control fluid buildup in my leg now, well... I'm incon for the rest of my life and it's just not something I get stressed about. My grown kids know the deal, and maybe they talk about it differently when I'm not around, but they seem to accept it as part of my life. I couldn't always hide the evidence no matter how hard I'd try and just felt the truth being out there was the way to go, and I've never regretted it to tell you the truth. Let's face it...no matter how careful you might think you are the facts will become known by family, friend or stranger and being truthful is the only way for me.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 18, 2011 12:27 pm 

One day out of the blue I developed IBS. I have no idea why. It has now been 2 years since I had to start wearing diapers.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2012 1:44 pm 

At first my incontinence was caused by being hit by a car. Then I developed epilepsy. Now I am dealing with bladder and prostate cancer.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 06, 2012 8:11 pm 

I became incontinent about 20 years ago due to a damaged bladder. I don't know how it happened, but I was getting prostate biopsies regularly at that time, so maybe from that. Actually, I just leak, especially at night when I need full diapers. During the day I get by with belted undergarments I get from the VA. It has been so many years that I don't even think about it any more.
Essgee

PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2012 12:16 am 

It snuck-up on me over time. I was working a job that required some heavy lifting and I popped my lower back twice on that job. After I left that company I severely popped my back 4 times in one year and twice more the next year. After that I dribbled slightly, and then it was fine for a short while followed by heavier dribbling and finally I had to start wearing protection. I saw a couple of urologists and there was nothing that could be done, I had lower back nerve damage. During the day sometimes it can get bad but sometimes I have no problem at all. My major trouble come in the morning or if I feel I have to go to the water-closet. I cannot make it 5 steps without what is in my bladder emptying into my layered diapers. Hey, it is something you get accustomed to and you live your life. It could be a whole lot worse. Actually life is good and that is the story I am sticking to!
Schoe

PostPosted: Sat Jun 01, 2013 6:39 am 

Mine is due to a back injury about 40 years ago, and it has been between Diapers and catheters ever since.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 02, 2013 7:21 am 

At 19 I was a passenger in a light aircraft crash. I was unaware of any lower back problems until I started dragging my right leg some months later. The orthopeadic surgeon botched the first fusion which was redone later. I suffer from all the symptoms of Caudus Equina, but do not have CE.

I am very reluctant to consume lots of expensive tablets when their assistance is doubtful, and in all likelihood will leave me still wearing protection. I might as well save my kidneys and liver and money and just wear the protection anyway. I am okay with leaking, but my wife has a problem and is adamant that doctors and surgery can fix anything. I am unconvinced and would rather not take any unnecessary medication as it could easily lead to the removal of my own pilots license.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 28, 2014 4:14 pm 

In my mid-20s, I had a sudden onset of daytime urge incontinence, followed nearly a year later by a return to bedwetting. I suspect that stress was the culprit in both of my bladder challenges. At the outset, both conditions were random, with widely-spaced and moderate episodes. I managed them well for many years until I had a stroke in 2011, after which both conditions became much more severe. After a month in the hospital and stroke rehab where I had physical therapy 7 days/week, then home PT and finally outpatient PT, my issues have mitigated significantly.

Wetters

PostPosted: Tue Jan 28, 2014 4:35 pm 

Hello,

My journey began some 25+ years ago. Dr's thought I had BPH & UTI's. After 2 years of incontinence getting worse, Urologist then decided to start all the typical testing. Some 3 years later, I was diagnosed with Nerogenitic Bladder Disorder & OAB. To this day, no one can tell me why or how this came to be. Nonetheless, I have been dealing with incontinence since the age of 23, and looks like I will be for the rest of my days to come.

Dave

PostPosted: Tue Jan 28, 2014 11:53 pm 
Admin

Welcome to the group dave065, my problems started at 27, and I am 45 now, so it looks like it is not getting cured any time soon either. I have been aware of that for a while now, after the first 2-3 years, I figred it was a "new thing to live with" along with many back problems, but life goes on, one day at a time! :) Puffy

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 163 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15 ... 17  Next