www.incontinentsupport.org

Support for dealing with incontinence
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 10:27 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 163 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 17  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 30, 2008 8:48 am 

Hi Jerry

that must have been very tramatic for you if you were able to remember that at age 4 My heart goes out to you. :cry: Were you parents hard on you as well........................Sandy :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat May 31, 2008 12:07 am 

[quote="Sandy"]Were you parents hard on you as well........................Sandy :)[/quote]

Yes, my mom was very hard on me. She didn't have much patience with me (not just in potty training, but other things as well).

Jerry

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat May 31, 2008 4:17 pm 

I was born with a tethered spinal cord which went undiagnosed until the age of six. Surgery did correct the tethered cord, but the delay caused permanent nerve damage to my bladder and bowels. This is my first post and I hope to share my experiences as I become more involved with this group.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat May 31, 2008 4:36 pm 

Hello Robert
Welcome to this group and thank you for sharing with us. I suffer from Urge Incontinence which was the result of nerve damage in colostomy surgery. I look forward to hearing from you as you feel comfortable.
Could i just mention that there is a sister site to this called Adult Incon which is an active group of caring, supporting members who are living with similar problems. Details can be found on:
http://health.groups.yahoo.com/group/AdultIncon/
Best wishes
Richard

Post subject: Welcome!
PostPosted: Mon Jun 02, 2008 4:01 pm 

RobertC,
Thank you for your first post. Feel free to look over all the different topics and respond or reply as you wish.
Always good to see new members jump in and send a post.
Thanks again!! ..............Paul Martin

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 05, 2008 7:13 pm 

hello im new here so hello

my incontinence was caused due to long term abuse to my body
i'm a girl and my profession of choice is a mechanic, and am in the automotive industry,
I have been quite stubborn and seldom listened to advise because of the opinion the girl, cant do such jobs as mechanics and what say, and because of this i pushed myself past the safety margin of my body could and could not do often trying to prove myself and that I could do it.
well the constant stretching and lifting eventually stated causeing problems with my spine and I developed cauda equina syndrom and now have degenerative disc disease,
prognosis isnt really good, pain is pretty much constant, I have quit pushing myself so hard but i continue in the work field of my choice.
some doctors want to do surgery but I am not found of that idea, as the result will be less pain for a few more years but wont cure the incontinence and will only hasten me tward becoming worse off.

my plans are so far to do what i can keep doing as long as I can do it even when it becomes necesary for a wheel chair I am still not going to stop.
I control this it does not control me. :roll:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 05, 2008 10:26 pm 

Hello CSW :D
Thank you for getting on this board. I'm sort of a Mechanic myself. I work on Outboard boat motors. My Husband owns a repair shop for boats and motors. We work on everything from a little fishing motor to the big block super charged V8's. I mainly work on the 20hp and less 2 cycle motors but only when they need an extra wrench in the shop otherwise I do most of the running around paper work etc.

I've dealt with incontinence most of my life as a child it was mostly at night but sometimes during the day. As an adult I've spent most of my adult life wearing protection 24/7

Thank you for getting on this board I look forward to hearing more from you :) .......................Sandy :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 16, 2008 4:33 pm 

Charity,
I admire your drive and attitude to prove yourself. I'm sorry to hear the results to your body. I hope it doesn't end up putting you into a wheel chair.
I understand your concern for the surgery. If there's a good chance it will help you and keep you out of wheel chair, you maybe should consider it. I would get a second opinion from another doctor if your insurance will pay for it. You're so young!

Keep us advised on how it goes. You really got Sandy's interest up when you siad you were a mechanic. ...........Paul Martin

Post subject: I dont have a CLUE
PostPosted: Thu Jul 10, 2008 10:26 pm 

Honestly.. i have no idea what causes my incontinece problem.. and i still don't know... for the longest time i didnt do anything about it..just treated it as normal..only this year did i start wearing protection for it at all.. and BOY am i glad that i decided to do so! sure, its expensive..but for the most part my underwear stays dry.. does not smell like urine every day and no spots on the underwear.. somehow..i thought it was normal for a guy to have a spot of urine on his underwear every day.. never thought it was a problem...unitil i logged on to incon chat..and someone suggested i wear protection..and i did..life is much better now! this problem i think has been going on a number of years..and i still don't know the cause

"THERE ARE FOUR LIGHTS!" - Captain Picard from Chain of Command, Part II

Post subject: How I Became Incontinent
PostPosted: Thu Jul 17, 2008 12:07 pm 

I had a benign tumor/cyst in the cauda equina region of my spine. Over time the tumor calcified and partially broke up, but as a result of pressure on the surrounding nerve roots caused urgency, urge incontinence, detrusor sphyncter dysinergia, urinary reflux and hydro nephrosis. Although I have experienced varying degrees of these issues for most of my life, at present I only am experiencing occaisional detrusor sphyncter dysinergia, but severe urge incontinence.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 163 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 17  Next