www.incontinentsupport.org

Support for dealing with incontinence
It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 10:05 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 163 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 17  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 02, 2008 12:10 am 

I've been meaning to reply to this post/subject (not sure why?) I've not been totally open on my earlier history :? But anyway I never really got out of diapers completely I don't often admit this but I had an incontinent problem even as a child mostly at night I was a bed wetter And even during the day I would have problems here and there. My parents were always very understanding of me and almost never scolded me unless they thought or new that I wet intentionally which I did from time to time :wink: My parents would often put me in diapers when I was grade school age if we were on long trips. or would be in a situation that I may not be able to get to a rest room in time. I did have many accidents in school as a child those were the worst.

Anyway as I got older I went through a time that the daytime problems weren't as often as they had been. Mind you I rarely wore protection during the day other then the example given above.

By the time I was a teenager I was still a full time bed wetter. But it wasn't till my later teen years that I started to again have problems during the day. Basically I was a dribbler I saw a few doctors with no success. I began wearing Maxi pads which as most women know don't work real well. Unfortunately 20 some years ago the choices weren't what they are today. As a young adult I was wearing belted undergarments by day and full diapers at night.

Well in time as many of you know I couldn't get by with just a pad and belts So I ended up in full blown diapers 24/7 That was hard at first I have to credit my husband for getting on my case and forcing the issue. I really didn't want to give in and wear a full blown diaper during the day. :oops: But once I got use to it. It kind of gave me a new release on life. Now around 20 years later I'm still in full diapers 24/7 But have learned along time ago to just except it and get out and live
...................................Sandy :)

Last edited by Sandy on Fri Jul 16, 2010 8:09 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 02, 2008 7:57 am 

Sandy, I find most people don't go deeply into their "problems" with almost any medical situation. Esp. the embarassing ones like incontinence. Recently met another "incon" at a support group. We have begun to talk out of that environment but avoided the "problem". It takes time to open up. But as we do we feel more at ease. Thank you for your openness. Papa

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 02, 2008 2:35 pm 

Hey Papa,
That's one thing you can depend on about Sandy. She's not a fraid of anything! Incontinence has never slowed her down. People really need to be more open like Sandy. .................Paul Martin

Post subject: Don't really know
PostPosted: Sat Apr 05, 2008 1:16 pm 

Nobody's ever gone in depth as to why for me...it's always worried me that there may be something going on, but nothing was ever found.

I have read though that sometimes incontinence in men can be an effect of low testosterone, as are some other symptoms of mine, such as depression. Considering my inability to concieve with my wife (traced to lack of sperm), and that in my physical not so long ago the doctor noted that a "certain region" seemed a bit underdeveloped, I'm kind of thinking that may be it.

Strange how I've had to come up with this myself...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 11, 2008 9:02 pm 

I have been in diapers my whole life. The doctors think it was possibly the drug DES that my mother took before I was born. But I was also born premature and maybe that is possibly why. I am both bowel and urinary incontinent 24/7, and haven't known any different. School was the toughest part, the school nurse used to change me and friends would stick up for me though when I was teased. I still get embarassed when I mess my diapers in public. Thankfully my wife helps me when out and about.

PostPosted: Thu May 08, 2008 5:02 pm 

I developed bowel incontinence as a result of inflammatory bowel disease. The subsequent colostomy surgery removed the diseased bowel, but unfortunately left me incontinent of urine.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat May 10, 2008 10:57 pm 

Mine started about 11 years ago as a result of severe depression. It started off as bedwetting, then evolved to the point where I now have to wear these stupid diapers 24/7! I hate it! :cry:

I have however learned to tollerate it over the years. I'm pretty active.
Dating has been pretty hard for me though. Most girls don't want to go out with me when they find out about my condition.

PostPosted: Mon May 12, 2008 3:37 pm 

Hello Jerry
I'm sorry to hear about your wetting, but am heartened that you remain active dispite wearing diapers. In fact there's no reason why wearing diapers should curtail an active lifestyle. You just need to plan a lot more don't you?
One thing that saddens me is reading about your dating experience. I don't know how you feel, but I find there comes an anxious time when I feel it's right to open up about my conditions to the girl I'm getting to know. I've had a variety of responses from being quickly rejected, being cautious and unsure, to being given a big hug and told that it made no difference.
I've found that there are a few wonderful poeple out there, looking for someone special too, who just see the whole person that you are. The fact that I wear a colostomy bag and a diaper is just a little part of me.
To these wonderful people, it's just a little part of the overall package that they're interested in.
I genuinely hope that one crosses your path soon Jerry.
Best wishes
Richard

PostPosted: Tue May 13, 2008 12:08 am 

[quote="Richard44"]You just need to plan a lot more don't you?[/quote]

That's right. I do.

When I was little, I was difficult to potty train. So, when I finally got out of diapers at age 4, that was the best thing ever and I always feared being put back into them. The very sight of diapers or rubber pants would send a chill down my spine! Well, as you can see, later in my life that fear came true. :cry:

Post subject: how
PostPosted: Thu May 22, 2008 1:21 pm 

Hi all boy Jerry I can relate to your story had no problems then late 50's with bph had to revert back to diapers and plastic pants boy that was a real come down but the diapers do give me securty.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 163 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 17  Next