www.incontinentsupport.org

Support for dealing with incontinence
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 12:14 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 163 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17  Next
PostPosted: Sat Jul 05, 2014 1:30 pm 

Did a twist of T10 and crushed the CE in 96. Since, the most I can hope for is a 30% avg of making the toilet...bowel or bladder.
After years of foley and a diaper, I dropped the foley.
Seemed pretty silly to me to wear the padding AND the foley.
Diaper is much more reliable and comfortable.
(Anyone who has any sensation knows this.)

PostPosted: Sat Jul 05, 2014 2:07 pm 
Admin

Welcome aboard MrG, glad U joined us, lots of good topics to get in on, as you most likely already noticed. Have a good day, :) Puffy

PostPosted: Sat Jul 12, 2014 9:05 pm 

In September I started feeling tingling feelings mostly in my right arm and a lot of pressure on my tailbone. I'd had strange neurological symptoms before, so I just figured they were coming back. They were never major so I just kinda shrugged it off. Well, in November I started dribbling in my pants a little and the neurological symptoms increased. They went from tingling right limbs and spine to pain, incontinence, walking a little off. One day my pulse spiked to 188 and had to go to the ER. They couldn't keep it down so they put me in ICU for 3 days. While there, I saw a cardiologist who said my heart is perfectly healthy, and a GP which I described my symptoms to and he mentioned MS.

A month later, the symptoms were getting really bad. I started having full blown accidents and I got on Neurontin. Neurontin helped but they side effects were something I couldn't deal with. Things progressively got worse, I started having very strange coordination issues like if I went to open a drawer, my arm would draw back before I could wrap my fingers around the handle (like my fingers were receiving information slowly). The random bouts of pain became excruciating and my speech and cognitive functions were starting to decline. Then it all just kinda died down a bit, and I started having breaks in symptoms which I still get today.

I've had blood work, EMGs, an MRI, drugs, and they've ruled out a nutritional deficiency, any auto immune diseases, Lupus, RA. The MRI I took in April shows a "focus" which they are leaning towards it being a vascular malformation in my brain. MS isn't ruled out (they haven't imaged my spine, and the report on the MRI said MS is "less likely"), but they want to bring me back in for another MRI to see if anything changes.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 13, 2014 4:57 pm 

How well I understand your situation. Medical science has a long way to go for it to solve neurological issues as easily as it does infectious disease. Neurontin, for me, was all side effect, no cure. Good luck and keep us informed.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 14, 2014 4:57 pm 

Neurontin was awful. It gave me bad brain fog. I'm pretty convinced it got me fired. CNS issues are the scariest mixed bag of anything I can think of. I hate this and wish everything could get figured out already.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 19, 2014 3:34 pm 

Hello everyone:
Just registered this morning.
I'm 67 and have been incontinent all my life.
I had a tumor removed from the base of my spine when I was 7.
Prior to that the doctors determined that I was just lazy and that's why I leaked.
I never knew the feeling that it was time to pee. I just dribbled. I couldn't even feel
if my bladder was full. Early in 1954 I started getting powerful migraines.
A few months of that and the doctors discovered the tumor.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 10, 2015 6:10 am 

Mine started after a inguinal hernia surgery gone bad, I had two more surgeries and on the last one almost killed me. They had to remove my right testicle and now suffered chronic nerve damage. I have a spinal stem blocker to aid in pain control and pain pills. After the second surgery that's when it all started, I have very little control since that day. I hope to gain some control again, but don't think it will happen. Thank you for listening

PostPosted: Sun Aug 16, 2015 6:40 pm 

I am born with spina bifida so always paralyzed and have incontinent bladder.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 15, 2015 8:44 pm 

Diabetes. Yep, I was stupid enough to eat my way into nerve damage. I have always had a weak bladder though. bedwetter till I was 14 or 15 years old. Now I have about 15 seconds from when I know I have to go until I am going.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 16, 2015 2:09 am 
Admin

DedDude wrote:
Now I have about 15 seconds from when I know I have to go until I am going.

Sounds like that Game show "Beat The Clock"... I am a regular contestant too!......... and GO! ;-) Puffy

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 163 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17  Next