www.incontinentsupport.org

Support for dealing with incontinence
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 6:16 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 163 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 13, 14, 15, 16, 17  Next
PostPosted: Fri Jul 15, 2016 11:44 am 

No problem, it's why I'm here. And as they say, I've been there done that. Try also reading up on the botox thread around here too, and try doing an interned search or two on "detrusor sphincter dyssenergya".

PostPosted: Sun Sep 11, 2016 4:40 pm 

My problems started with minor bedwetting issues during my late teens, mostly caused by stress and some other underlying issues. The problem went on and off and I could be dry for several months.
Things changed when I was 21, I got a pretty severe UTI (most likely a kidney) infection. The infection was cured, but left me with OAB/urge incontinence issues. While my bedwetting problem turned out to be a more permanent thing, after a while I got my daytime issues a bit under control . I have incontinence episodes and dry episodes which alternate. My wet episodes can take up from a few days to several weeks.
Recently, things are becoming a bit worse.

Moreover I cope with a minor case of IBS. Stemming from my youth (food intolerances), but fading away in my teens. Probably something genetic, as but my parents have similar issues. Last couple of years, trough stress, it returned. Luckily it is a very intermittent problem.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 25, 2017 12:24 am 

Im Mike I'm 58 years old, 188 pounds 6-1 in the Chicago burbs and dont look like somebody that wears adult diapers all the time for wetting issues.
When I was 8 yrs old I fell and hit my head on the ground and split my back of my head open. I healed up 100% but was wetting my pants at night and during the day for no reason and I couldn't feel it. It was normal bladder capacity but then I would just come out unexpected with 15 sec. warning.
in my family at eight years old wearing adult diapers was not even considered I started to put a towel between my legs at night but I only could do that for a couple of days and wetting my pants at school is un acceptable. so for years every night I would have to get up in the middle of the night sneak past everybody, climb up onto the counter in the bathroom and P into the sink where no one would hear me. during the day I would find and use every restroom when I could. I was afraid every day and every class that I was going to wet my pants and everybody would make fun of me.
It was the same at 9, 10, 11 and so on. I remember wishing that they woulld just let me wear a diaper, whats the big deal. It would have made my life so much easier. I have been married and tried to hide it all but accidents happen, i cant begin to say how many jokes and nasty commemts were made over the years. Im just looking for a woman friend who has had the same experiences and just would like to be with someonw who wears and wets adult diapers as she does and really doesnt care. Lets go and have coffee! Similar people should be together.....

PostPosted: Mon Jul 17, 2017 10:48 pm 

A little over three years ago I started noticing I was having a bit of after urination leakage. While not too bad at first, after a few months it got progressively worse to the point that it would not only soak my underwear, but it would also make a wet spot on my pants. After a visit to my doctor it was found that I had an enlarged Prostate (BPH), but at least my PSA numbers were OK. Not knowing any better, and being a bit embarrassed by it all, I had my Wife purchase some thin menstrual pads for me to put into my regular underwear. That worked OK for a while, but as my leakage got worse I also started to experience some minor urge incontinence, and even a few cases of night bed wetting. At that point it was obvious that the thin pads were not sufficient. I did a bit of online research and started to learn about the "world" of incontinence products, about which I previously had absolutely no idea. With my new found knowledge I changed my protection from feminine pads, to incon pads/guards and pull-ups, and then finally to full tape-up diapers 24/7.

In my case this entire process happened fairly slowly, and since I was sort of eased into the whole thing I guess I didn't experience the serious anxiety that many here have had when faced with having to wear protection, and then finally full up diapers 24/7. Can't say that I'm very happy about this whole thing but I've accepted it, and with the excellent protection products available today it's not that big of a deal for me at my present level of incontinence. Couple all of this with the great understanding and support from my Wife and I consider myself pretty lucky relatively speaking. Bottom line is that wearing diapers 24/7 sure is better than worrying if I'm going to be publicly embarrassed by wet pants or having soaked bed sheets.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 18, 2017 9:46 am 

Padded, I'm very glad to hear that you are adapting well to needing to wear diapers and that your wife is understanding and supportive. However, if I were you, I'd be pursuing the underlying cause of your incontinence very persistently. An enlarged prostate can cause some of your symptoms (especially dribbling after voiding), but needing to wear a tape-on diaper is an unusually severe problem to be caused only by enlarged prostate.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 18, 2017 1:13 pm 

Hi Inconinmiss:
Thanks for your concern. My doctor and I have been keeping a very close eye on my PSA's for just the reason you mentioned. I've even had a scan performed and it showed nothing at all except the enlargement. Obviously the clean scan was good news and really took a load of worry off of my mind! After seeing the scan results my Doc feels my incontinence issues are due to my significant prostate enlargement which at my age (63) isn't really so surprising.
As for wearing diapers, I don't always have to wear full tape-ups, and in fact I can often get by with a good pull-up if I know for sure that I will be very close to a bathroom, basically if I'm at home. However with the possibility of having a sudden urge I'm really not confident that a pull-up will always handle a full flood, especially if I'm out and about for an extended time. For that reason (and the infrequent bedwetting) I've found it a lot easier and reassuring to usually just wear a full tape-up diaper that I can be confident in in any situation.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 02, 2017 12:56 pm 

Hello, I've been incontinent since I was a kid. At first it was mostly weak bladder control which has worsened over the years and when I was a teenager I also developed fecal incontinence, which truth be told was a huge blow to my life, but as I have already had problems for years with bladder control, then I didn't take it as bad as I thought I did, especially as my fecal incontinent isn't as big a problem as peeing incontinent. I have no idea how I became incontinent, many people had gotten it due some traumatic and tragic events, but I can't think of any, especially any that would cause fecal incontinence out of a sudden after some time of struggling with normal IT.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 18, 2017 4:44 pm 

Greetings! I have been dealing with incontinence for a little over a year now. It started with a wetting accident on a long drive around Halloween 2016. That night, I woke up having wet the bed. I hadn't ever had either of those things happen before. It kind of came out of nowhere....suddenly I wasn't getting much warning before my bladder would just decide to start urinating. The next day, after yet another accident, my girlfriend suggested I see my doctor and to try wearing protection.

After talking to my doctor, and a few tests, it was determined that the culprit was/is, likely, my diabetes. I was diagnosed about 4 years ago and found out that I had been severely diabetic for a long time, based on the numbers. The doctors, at the time, said that my even being alive was nothing short of miraculous, given that I had never shown any symptoms. After a week in ICU, I was sent home, totally insulin-dependent. However, due to some unfortunate circumstances, I have had regular access to my insulin for less than half of that time. So years of uncontrolled blood glucose before diagnosis, wild variations in levels since, and inability to access proper medications, has led to diabetic neuropathy.

I mainly use pullups, Depend(as undependable as they are...), and the best I've found so far, NorthShore GoSupreme. I do keep a supply of regular diapers handy, just in case. I am diapered pretty much 24/7. No one other than my girlfriend knows. She has been a trooper through this whole thing.

Anyway, thanks for reading. It's nice to have a spot to go for info and support.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 18, 2017 8:41 pm 

Have you tried Always Discreet? I’ve tried a lot of pull ups and they are the best to me. I always can find a $2 or $3 coupon off a pack of 19.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 18, 2017 11:17 pm 

I use either Poise ultra thin or discreet depending on which one is cheaper as a secondary booster between my brief and regular booster.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 163 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 13, 14, 15, 16, 17  Next