www.incontinentsupport.org

Support for dealing with incontinence
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 6:30 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Sun Sep 27, 2015 1:06 pm 

I should have done this when i joined. Been so busy between work and taking care of him. He was cleaning the gutters and fell off the ladder and landed on our brick edging and has paralyses at the T -11 spine level. Were still doing research with different neurologist and surgeons.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 27, 2015 2:42 pm 

Diane,

If you must care for a spine-injured husband, welcome and my heart goes out to you. Several of our regular posters are spine injury victims, all with extensive experience at managing incontinence cause by their injuries. Even though they are not doctors, their experience is valid and useful. I hope you find this to be as supportive a site as can be found anywhere in the net. Welcome.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 27, 2015 3:32 pm 

Diane

You are awesome, my wife has been helping me along for awhile now and with out her I would been in a nursing home.. I am so happy to hear, when you said till death do you part you meant it. May God bless you and your family.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 28, 2015 12:25 am 

Diane,

I am sorry he got hurt, hope he can recover and welcome to the forum! :)

Marcus Aurelius

PostPosted: Mon Sep 28, 2015 7:06 pm 

Thank you for the warm welcome. It has been a learning experience for us. But were moving on got a routine down. Thank fully we live close to where i work and i have an hour for lunch. So I'm able to get home and change him and we can have lunch together. Also the neighbor is willing to help if something comes up before i can get home. It's nice to have support.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 28, 2015 8:23 pm 

Diane, sorry to hear about how your husband had his accident. Something so simple as cleaning the gutters can cause such a long term accident. Glad to hear you have the support you do.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 28, 2015 10:04 pm 

Diane,

Just don't forget that taking care of your husband has to include taking care of yourself too!

Marcus Aurelius

PostPosted: Wed Sep 30, 2015 4:49 pm 

Yes agreed on taking care of my self. Were both into fitness. So the weight training came in handy.He still works out his upper body and is a big help with transferring and changes from the wheel chair too. He just does a dip and holds him self up.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 02, 2015 11:53 am 

CareGiverDiane wrote:
Yes agreed on taking care of my self. Were both into fitness. So the weight training came in handy.He still works out his upper body and is a big help with transferring and changes from the wheel chair too. He just does a dip and holds him self up.

Good for him!!

Marcus Aurelius

PostPosted: Sun Dec 27, 2015 2:18 pm 

Sorry about your husband mine started do to prostate and being a diabetic.My wife is my best supporter she helps me alot never makes fun of me having to ware diapers.