www.incontinentsupport.org

Support for dealing with incontinence
It is currently Wed May 01, 2024 8:35 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Wed May 21, 2014 4:38 am 

*sighs*

So I went in today at 9 AM, had XRays done on my leg, bones are nice and fused together perfectly. You can see the fuse lines and they seem perfect. Dr says I can walk as tolerated. After just 6 weeks, that's a relief to hear.

However, I go to the urologist I was referred to at 3 PM. I explain to her about my issues. She seems to put it up as nerves, stress, healing, non movement. She urges me to do exercises, all of which is near impossible with this bum leg of mine.. She takes the tests to see if I contracted some sort of a UTI, does more tests. Ultrasound, everything looks solid she supposes. She's got me lined up for more tests, tells me to just wear diapers till whenever. And she's got me scheduled for a neurologist next week. >.> Of course, I have to see the plastic surgeon about my hand. Ugh... I'm getting tired of Drs, hospitals, clinics. I think she might be right, it's all due to my own stress levels, nerves, whatever.

Spinal injuries? Nah. Not a pinched Sciatic nerve from all the different tests. The numbness could be due to a number of other things but the Neurologist might be able to shine a light on that. I wish I never killed that skunk so I could sue it for mental breakdown and dealing with Drs.

So how am I incontinent? I dunno. Never experienced this before last month. Is there a real explanation?

PostPosted: Wed May 21, 2014 4:15 pm 

I'm sorry to hear that......some of this stuff with our bodies just doesn't make any sense......

PostPosted: Thu May 22, 2014 4:29 am 

PB&J32 wrote:
I'm sorry to hear that......some of this stuff with our bodies just doesn't make any sense......

Oh well, I'll just deal with it. At least I'm walking unaided (no crutches or anything) as of yesterday! ^.^

PostPosted: Thu May 22, 2014 6:41 am 

Bunny, that's awesome. We often try to tell people to try to look at the bright side of things but for sure you have something to be greatful for.
One step at a time(no pun intended) and focus on your walking. There is plenty of time for test that may shed light on the incontinence. Hell, maybe once you really start building your legs and body back up, things may may correct themselves.

PostPosted: Thu May 22, 2014 11:27 am 

Rope_Wrench wrote:
Bunny, that's awesome. We often try to tell people to try to look at the bright side of things but for sure you have something to be greatful for.
One step at a time(no pun intended) and focus on your walking. There is plenty of time for test that may shed light on the incontinence. Hell, maybe once you really start building your legs and body back up, things may may correct themselves.

I always try to. I was nicknamed Pinkie Pie for a reason and my bike had Pinkie Pie decals on it. It was awesome ^.^ So yeah, I'll just deal with what I have to and move on from there. If there's a reason, awesome. If there's not, that's odd but I will live through it. Wearing diapers keeps my bed dry at night, and if I can't make it to the bathroom on time during the day, fine. They're not as embarrassing as wetting myself in public. It's happened, and I'm not going to repeat that mistake again.

PostPosted: Thu May 22, 2014 2:04 pm 

Its better to be protected or even in my case, overprotected as opposed to under protected.......and wet pants are certainly no fun......Man I hate being wet down there......

PostPosted: Fri May 23, 2014 11:07 pm 

Ask the neurologist for a spinal CT with subarachnoid contrast. I believe that will highlight any structural abnormality around the nerve roots.

Also, are you still experiencing that patterned numbness in your legs? If so, be sure to mention it.

PostPosted: Sat May 24, 2014 3:20 am 

MSUSpartan wrote:
Ask the neurologist for a spinal CT with subarachnoid contrast. I believe that will highlight any structural abnormality around the nerve roots.

Also, are you still experiencing that patterned numbness in your legs? If so, be sure to mention it.

Numbness is starting to go away as I walk more. But yeah, that's something else... Next Thursday

PostPosted: Mon May 26, 2014 10:37 am 

Nerve root compression can be caused by swelling after trauma. Perhaps that's all you've got going on. The urinary symptoms may subside for the same reason. Still, the neurologist should be able to diagnosis that too.