www.incontinentsupport.org

Support for dealing with incontinence
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 9:29 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Fell through a Porch
PostPosted: Sun Apr 14, 2013 4:52 pm 

First I would like to Say hello to everyone as I am new to the Forum but from what I have seen and read here It seems like there is alot of really nice helpful people and information here..

But about a year ago I started taking a Sunday class on something(I would rather not talk about now :) It was at some friends of mines house and It was one of the very few weekends I used to get off. I used to work Alot I was working 2 jobs at that time and It was Very rare indeed that I get the whole weekend off... Usually Both jobs where fighting for my days off from the other.. ;) Anyway They where renting a house with a Very tall porch.. And other then a few problems around the house the porch was always a Little bit of concern to us and we had made complaint after complaint to the landlord that we didnt think the Porch was safe.. She insisted It was fine and the only thing she had replaced was the front few steps...
Well after I had a very enjoyable weekend and class I was heading out the door of my friends place when the entire top part of the porch Gave way under me and I made about a 2 story fall to the ground.. Im not entirelly sure of everything that happend after that I just remember waking up in the Hospital cause I had lost consciousnesses (Forgive my Horrible spelling) .... I ended up with a concussion and several other injury's. The Worst part was that I have had back problems all my life and this didnt help at all as You would Guess. I was there for 2 weeks.. After some X-rays I had thankfully not broken any bones but with the fall and the way I landed I had problems controlling my urine.... It would just happen I could not feel when I needed to pee. The X-ray reviled that nerves in my back are messed up and pinched..
The Worst part of this is that I am only 28 yrs old and now because of this I am now completely reliant on diapers again and that had me depressed for a while.. But I am thankful that despite that incident That was the worst thing that happened.. I could have lost my life..
Its taken a little bit of time But thankfully I have a very supportive family and a very loving and supportive Fiancee and I am finally getting use to wearing them now and they are starting to borther me less and less now..
I would appercaite any advice anyone might have for making them less noticeable under clothing though.

Post subject: Re: Fell through a Porch
PostPosted: Sun Apr 14, 2013 11:51 pm 
Admin

Welcome aboard, it seems that you have certainly had a rough go of it with the fall and the reprecussions of it, back injuries are no fun at all, I also have a messed up back, so I know firsthand what it is all about! As far as the clothing issue, a good pair of compression shorts, available at any Sporting goods store, or even Walmart, is very helpful in snugging things up closer to the body, and are not all that expensive. I am sure there are many places around you that you can find them at, and I must say, one of the more useful ideas for spandex! :lol: Did you ever try and go after the landlord for liability on the defective porch that caused it all? Seems everyone knew it was dangerous except for her... :roll: Puffy

PostPosted: Mon Apr 15, 2013 12:24 am 

Yes I did go after her and her insurance since it was her fault for not fixing the porch even though She had been warned....

PostPosted: Mon Apr 15, 2013 9:33 am 

Zac,

I'm sorry to hear about your fall and its repercussions. Incontinence is a nuisance, but it's something you can learn to live without it too seriously affecting the rest of your life.

On the clothing issue, I second the idea of compression shorts, which can prevent a wet diaper from sagging.

While getting used to wearing diapers, everybody thinks that other people are noticing. However, the truth is that almost nobody is paying attention closely enough to notice. Consider this: Millions of people live with incontinence and need to wear a diaper. So lots of other diaper wearers are out there. How many of them have you noticed?

PostPosted: Mon Apr 15, 2013 3:26 pm 

That is true Its guess I'm still a little worried people will see them.. But Thanks both of you for letting me know about the compression shorts I am going to find me a pair soon. I wear Abena's and they do work great but when they get wet they tend to sag... if these will help to hold them up it will be great. :)