www.incontinentsupport.org

Support for dealing with incontinence
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 10:30 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Infection
PostPosted: Sun Feb 24, 2013 6:35 pm 

Yup... no kidding.... I have the worst luck. About 20 years ago I got a rare infection after getting stitches. It attacked my nervous system but fortunately It cleared up before doing serious or fatal damage. I had almost a 100% percent recovery except my feet and my bowels. Everything else works fine and I am only partially fecal incontinent with slight feeling loss in my feet.

I am 38, 3 kids, wife, house... very active life and you would never know I have a problem. I have learned to hide it well without changing my lifestyle.

Proper eating habits, going on a scheduled, taking carbon pills for Oder, and always wearing some protection. ( I prefer the standard poly briefs... and I don't know how you guys can change the pull up style in a public restroom).

I have gotten to the point where I am comfortable in public and almost never have an accident but even if I do, you cant tell.

When I'm feeling down I just look at the bright side. Most people who have nervous system damage from infections usually loose their eyesight or hearing before they know they have a problem. So I guess I'm not unlucky... but one lucky SOB.

Keep up the fight.. and its not that bad once you learn to accept it.. :mrgreen:

Post subject: Re: Infection
PostPosted: Sun Jun 30, 2013 2:54 am 

Hi Banshee,
I am Kakapo and was interested in your post. you said you became incontinent through infections. I am a bit older than you and have just been experiencing mild bladder weakness. I have to wear protection during the day, or if i go out. Use to not bother, but that meant i was forever looking for the next toilet constantly, and worrying whether i would make it in time.
I am a runner which now, when I do any physical exercise i have to make sure i use protection.
I would be interested to learn more and would like to be friends. Please get back to me