www.incontinentsupport.org

Support for dealing with incontinence
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 4:54 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Sat Nov 26, 2016 8:41 pm 

As a user, I find it somewhat counter-intuitive that when I'm on the homepage http://www.incontinentsupport.org/ and then click on the Forum menu item to the left, I am then taken to Welcome to your Forum Page, which is a kind of Forum title page but requires you to click on the Click Here to go to our new forum link in the text to actually arrive at the forum.

I would expect that the Forum menu item would take me directly to the forum ... that Welcome to your Forum Page feels a bit superfluous, because what is written there is either implicit ("You do have to log-in or register to the forum in order to post messages") - people will find that out anyhow - or could be worked into the real forum page here.

Also, you could consider whether stressing that it's a NEW forum still has any use? As a new member, all that it does is make me think "Ah, they must have renewed the forum somewhere in the past ... ok, well, that's nice, I hope it's an improvement over the previous forum."
That "New" sign must at one point served some function, maybe because the new forum was at another URL as the previous one - but the existing members surely have adapted to that new URL by now.

It reminds me of a traffic information sign we have around here that is sometimes put up when something has changed that could impact traffic safety: for instance, a roundabout was built, or a new exit, a crossing, or whatever.
The sign reads "Attention! Traffic situation has changed!"
It makes a lot of sense when it's new: everyone who comes there is used to the old situation, and should be notified of the change.

But those signs are left standing for quite some time, so that when I pass that spot half a year later, I think "Oh, they changed it again? How? What's changed now? I don't see anything different .... help, maybe I'm missing something important! (blind panic ensues, I'm losing control, car careens into a ditch)" :shock:

Etcetera :)

PostPosted: Sat Nov 26, 2016 9:15 pm 

Yeah, it's between like that for years. Funny thing is, the Google results still point there, and not directly to the new forum.