www.incontinentsupport.org

Support for dealing with incontinence
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 1:53 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 33 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Post subject: Re: Open for any ideas
PostPosted: Fri Oct 28, 2016 8:54 pm 

I'm aware of that incident, Brian.

I assumed he was talking about more than that.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 29, 2016 5:05 pm 

@MSUSpartan: I too hear more complaining about the ABDL problem than I've seen it come up in as an issue.

As for improving this site, I like the idea of inviting the diaper manufacturers or wholesalers here to join the discussion. Otherwise I have nothing. :P

Marcus Aurelius

PostPosted: Sun Oct 30, 2016 9:02 am 

I like the idea of inviting manufacturers and vendors. I would like to be able to ask specific questions about certain products.

Should manufacturers/vendors post in all forums or should there be a separate forum designated just for them and our questions for them? If our questions are in a single forum the manufacturers/vendors may be more likely to read and respond. Thoughts?

--John

PostPosted: Sun Oct 30, 2016 2:50 pm 
Admin

I too like the idea of having the different types of vendors that make stuff for the incontinent community to post about their products here.

I have started a new topic for them now.

Schoppy

PostPosted: Sun Oct 30, 2016 3:14 pm 

schoppy wrote:
I too like the idea of having the different types of vendors that make stuff for the incontinent community to post about their products here.

I have started a new topic for them now.

Schoppy

What about including the wholesalers too?

Marcus Aurelius

PostPosted: Sun Oct 30, 2016 4:32 pm 
Admin

Porkchop wrote:

What about including the wholesalers too?

They too can post here :D

Schoppy

PostPosted: Mon Oct 31, 2016 2:37 pm 

Greetings everyone,

I know it has been forever since I chimed in with anything but I do drop by every now and then to see how everyone is doing.
Reading up on this thread I think I have a theory on why some are or seem to be still sensitive about the abdl topic. From my point of view I want to distance myself as much as I can from that because when I began to have control problems and began to need protection I turned to the Internet for information and with already a fragile self view seeing this behavior was like the salt in the wound. People are already so self conscious about this that the idea of it being a fetish that is not understood makes the humiliation that much worse.
I myself developed a pretty strong hatred for that community pretty early on and although it has been quite awhile living with incontince I still don't have much patience for some of there behavior but I try to be as fair as I can.
Long story short those of us that still feel like broken people over the indignity (a word that should not feel implied) of incontince and/or a diaper feel even less if we feel an association with a person that does this for fun especially when we don't understand why they enjoy it.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 31, 2016 3:38 pm 

i agree rope. when i was looking for incontinence support i kept coming onto these abdl sites. and i felt further and further isolated. i did NOT want to wear diapers and it just made me angry.
and brian, being gay or transgendered is nothing like being abdl and im actually pretty damn offended that you would say that.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 31, 2016 3:54 pm 

justej wrote:
i agree rope. when i was looking for incontinence support i kept coming onto these abdl sites. and i felt further and further isolated. i did NOT want to wear diapers and it just made me angry.
and brian, being gay or transgendered is nothing like being abdl and im actually pretty damn offended that you would say that.

Actually I am bisexual (half gay), and have a good abdl gay friend. And we personally find that analogy to be right on the money. My (now) sister is also transgendered and we have "compared notes" as it were. I know first hand, and all too well, the hatred and misunderstandings all three groups get and they are surprisingly quite similar.

If anyone has reason to be offended it's me, but I'm not. The question is, why are you?

PostPosted: Mon Oct 31, 2016 4:13 pm 

because i dont want to be compared to someone who sexualizes something that brings me so much emotional pain as a result of my accident. and maybe there are people who dont sexualize it but thats all ive seen.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 33 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next